Sunday, March 3, 2013

Revelation..

I have been through the whole rigmarole these last few days. I don't yet know what it means.
However, I do know that it is another revelation.

Like someone held a mirror to my face and pried my eyes open so that I could not look away. I wish I could have had that before.


Such stark revelation is not easy to witness or accept. 

Not when your own core is laid bare in front of you. 
More so, if it comes through someone who you do not expect to know so much. Someone who you wanted to keep away from such a thing at any cost.
More so, if you are the only one not aware of the truth. Even someone not physically witness knows you so much better but you do not. 
More so, when everyone else is in agreement with a matter-of-fact ease while you are hit in the face with your ignorance.

If you look at the mirror with a light shining into it, all you see is the scattered light. The light has to be shining into your face for you to see the true reflection.

Otherwise you keep thinking you are this shining light of virtue when it is merely an outer source you are looking at.

Sometimes the lights need to go out so that you can reveal yourself to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment