Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Origins of My Mediocrity!

I decided to show up again. 
Actually I have something really important to do but.. I don't feel like doing it.
I feel like sharing my story with all the random people in the world (who will not even read this). 

Um? Where to begin?

Isn't it always the trouble? Where to begin?
Maybe starting at the start would be a good place to start. Let me give that a try.

I am like a lot of other people. 

I grew up an OK student with OK grades. 
I was told "the world was my stage" and that "I could conquer oceans" because (like twenty others) I could make it to the "Honor Roll" every now and then.

Well there was the problem!


"World" turned out to be way bigger than the a high school and a small town and the two pages in the Atlas.


And, I had never seen an ocean. I was looking at a fish bowl. I was being patted on my back every time I picked out my goldfish with bare hands. 

(No, I didn't kill the goldfish. I just took it out to clean the bowl and put it back in. We couldn't pay for another one if it died.)
That's not the point. The point is, I was made to feel like I had just caught whale. 
How was I supposed to know? I grew up inland!

And I, turned out to have no idea what I was doing and a lofted image of myself (based on all the 'A's I got in school) as the only guide to my actions.


No one told me that high school wasn't enough.


Hey! College wasn't enough either. 

College didn't give me an education or a job. 
All it "gave" me was a Loan I can't pay back. 

Is there no point where I can sit back, throw my legs on the table and life gets easy?


This is frustrating. 

Maybe I should just get back to the stuff I was supposed to be doing. I owe money to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment